Sunday, October 3, 2010

Background

I have started playing piano in 2006.  I started as an adult, because it was a long awaited dream of mine, to be able to play piano.  I am by far not a good student.  Over the past few years, despite having a full time job and a lot of heartache (for more info, read www.asecondline.blogspot.com, my blog about infertility and stillbirth), I have continued to take lessons, and to practice as much as I could.

I thought I would post some of the songs that I am learning so that one day I can look back and see how far I have come.  Also, if there are any other adult beginners, perhaps watching some my fumbling performances recorded in video will make you decide that hey, it's not so very bad to make a fool of oneself while learning something you've wanted to do your whole life.

The reason I am calling this blog "Piano and bird" is because my pet parrot, Max, is going to be present on my shoulder for most of the performances I suspect.  He so enjoys piano, and he helps me practice by keeping me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment